If you don’t have a school society, we can help you set one up at school. If you already have a medics society (this includes all healthcare professions), but you would like to get more structure, support and recognition for your hard work, you can easily link up with Medic Mentor’s network. School Societies help us mentor students throughout the year!
The benefits of a Medic Mentor School Society include:
- all society members will receive certificates for team-work
- School Society Leaders will receive certificates for leadership
- Your school society will be paired with a Regional Mentor (a doctor or medical student Mentor)
- You will receive a school society pack once a month containing, interview mark schemes, PBL sessions, ethical scenarios, a journal article to critically appraise and other interactive tasks which you can use to run your school society meetings
- School Society Leaders will be invited to to attend a National School Society Conference which takes place twice a year
- Exclusive access to competitions, volunteering/research and publishing opportunities
Your free Medic Mentor School Society can be easily set up in just a few steps:
- Apply to become a School Society Leader, by downloading the application form, completing it and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, that you will need permission from a teacher who is happy to supervise your school society. The Education Directorate can reject applications from students who they feel would not be able to meet the requirements of the role.
- If your application has been accepted, you will be notified by email. You will be invited to attend the National School Societies Meeting.
- Ask other students at the school who are interested in joining the school society to register for free student accounts on the Medic Mentor website.
- You will receive your certificates in the post to your teacher.
- Your School Society Leader will receive monthly school society packs which you can all work through during meetings.
- Your School Society Leader will complete a monthly report and action plan which they submit to your Regional Mentor.
- All members will be emailed once a month with details of competitions, volunteering/publishing and research opportunities!
Leading or being part of team is always challenging. If you have any problems trying to set up a school society or running it during the year, you can contact your Regional Mentor. Your Regional Mentor is there to support you with any problems. This may involve speaking with them over the phone or inviting them to the school to attend a meeting.