We continue to support over 10k students on our virtual LIVE programme for free!
Medic Mentor, the UK’s largest medical family, have been overwhelmed with the feedback from our programme over the last 6 months. across our medical programme alone we have provided virtual placements for over 10K students across the UK and internationally. If you are seeking work experience to enhance your insight into a career in medicine then here are a few reasons why you should consider Medic Mentor.
- The programme is completely free.
- The programme is longitudinal. We offer work experience over 6 months so you can demonstrate a comittment to learning about life as a doctor.
- You follow a number of patient journeys through primary, secondary and tertiary care.
- The programme is high fidelity. Medic Mentor use standardised patients, best clinical practice and we have been able to make use of environments that mirror the NHS working environements.
- The programme has interactive features. You can ask questions to the clinicians over the course of the day and the best part for them is answering your questions!
- The programme has been created and delivered by practising doctors wihtin the NHS.
- Not only are our clinical team qualified clinicians, they are passionate and exceptional mentors providing you with high quality teaching as a compliment to the programme.
- Medic Mentor has a well established network of clinicians across different specialties and across different levels of training. We not only bring these clinicians to you in the comfort of your own home but we provide you access to areas of the hospital you would not otherwise have had the opportunity to see during an in-person work experience placement.
- Certification of attendance upon successful completion of the programme. This will provide you with 42 hours of certified work experience.
- Medic Mentor invests in technology. Students taking part will have access to their own Virtual learning environment where they can find useful tips and reminders, resources, an interactivity platform and a timetable to the day.
- Students who register are also invited to attend our popular “Get into Medicine” conference absoloutly free. This conference covers the A-Z of the application process and informs students on how they can stand out and make their application competative.
Medic Mentor are committed to ensuring that students still have the opportunity to gain valuable insight into healthcare careers and high quality application support, even in these difficult times.
When does the Medic Mentor work experience take place?
The work experience takes place each month, usually the 4th Saturday. Students who register will recieve regular updates should anything change.
During the months where students are seeking work experience the most (Septemeber – February) is the part of the academic year where our team work hard to deliver a fresh programme never seen before completely LIVE. During the remainder of the academic year (March-August) we continue to provide sessions each month but we revisit previous sessions for students that registered half way through the programme or missed any sessions for any personal reasons.
Who can apply for the programme?
Students who are interested in Medicine only. Students from yr 10-12 / S4-S5.
We do not currently support post graduate students for this programme.
How do I apply for the programme?
By completing the application form and student conduct form below in full.
It is very important that you complete the email section of the forms carefully and accurately. If you incorrectly add your email address, you will not be able to recieve emails from us. Feedback from students and parents sugges that using school emails is not adviseable. This is because school email inboxes have robust firewalls and our emails can be deemed as spam. This means students can miss out on all the important information we send out.
When and how do I get my certificate ?
When you complete 6 sessions of the programme. You must register your attendance for each session. Certificates are distributed within 4-6 weeks from our Admin team. Only after this time will students correspondence for certificates be addressed.
What happens when the 6 months has finished?
The programme usually ends around February on the last week of the month. Following this, during the month of March the sessions will continue but they will be sessions centred around re-visiting the content from the previous sessions for students who missed any or have been late seek work experience.
A brand new programme will start from Septemeber in the next academic year.
Do I need to reapply?
In short No. If you wish to continue with the programme you do not have to reapply. If you are a student who does not wish to continue with the programme you need to inform email@example.com They may ask you to complete a short “Opt Out” form. so we can be sure you wont recieve emails from us regardint this programme.
Highly Commended Certificates
Students can demonstrate a willingness to learn more about the application into medicine by attending our Get into Medicine conference entirely free of charge! We want to support students with their application as much as possible during this time. Once registered we will issue you with a free coupon code to use to secure a place on the conference and you can book online.
When a student has completed both the 6 month programme and the Get into medicine conference they will recieve a “highly commendable” certifcate and letter from the President of Medic Mentor for thier application.
You can expect to recieve this 4-6weeks following successful completion of the programme. Students who have previously attended a conference will need to provide evidence of having attended a conference previously with a confirmation email of thier order or free place from our official admin email address.
Find out what our students had to say …
This is a 2 part application process. Students and parents must complete all 2 sections as accurately as possible to have the best chance of being awarded a place on this programme. Please take the time to complete each of the 2 sections carefully. Complete the application once, but if you do make a mistake, you can complete it again. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Thank you.