SIGN UP HERE TO ACCESS OUR FREE CONTENT
We continue to support over 10k students on our
virtual programme for free!
- The programme is completely free.
- The programme is longitudinal. We offer work experience over 6 months so you can demonstrate a comittment to learning about life as a doctor.
- You follow a number of patient journeys through primary, secondary and tertiary care.
- The programme is high fidelity. Medic Mentor use standardised patients, best clinical practice and we have been able to make use of environments that mirror the NHS working environements.
- The programme has interactive features. You can ask questions to the clinicians over the course of the day and the best part for them is answering your questions!
- The programme has been created and delivered by practising doctors wihtin the NHS.
- Not only are our clinical team qualified clinicians, they are passionate and exceptional mentors providing you with high quality teaching as a compliment to the programme.
- Medic Mentor has a well established network of clinicians across different specialties and across different levels of training. We not only bring these clinicians to you in the comfort of your own home but we provide you access to areas of the hospital you would not otherwise have had the opportunity to see during an in-person work experience placement.
- Certification of attendance upon successful completion of the programme. This will provide you with 42 hours of certified work experience.
- Medic Mentor invests in technology. Students taking part will have access to their own Virtual learning environment where they can find useful tips and reminders, resources, an interactivity platform and a timetable to the day.
- Students who register are also invited to attend our popular “Get into Medicine” conference absoloutly free. This conference covers the A-Z of the application process and informs students on how they can stand out and make their application competative.
Medic Mentor are committed to ensuring that students still have the opportunity to gain valuable insight into healthcare careers and high quality application support, even in these difficult times.
When does the Medic Mentor work experience take place?
Medic Mentor have created a brand new e-learning programme that has replaced the live virtual work experience sessions. All of these sessions were recorded live, and they are not numbered so you can watch them in any order you want.
We release our sessions on a monthly basis over a 6 month period. You have a month to complete each session before it closes.
You can join at any point, as these sessions are not numbered anymore and are repeated.
Once you have completed all 6 sessions, you will obtain a certificate that will be made available on your student portal.
To sign up for our Med WEX e-learning, please click the following link: https://wexlibrary.yourmedicfamily.org/courses/
Please note that you must create an account on the WEX Library before you can enrol on any courses. This is not the same as your Student Portal.
Who can apply for the programme?
We do not currently support post graduate students for this programme.
How do I apply for the programme?
By completing the Work Experience form below and enrolling on our Med WEX course on the WEX Library website. You can find the link here: https://wexlibrary.yourmedicfamily.org/courses/
Please note that you must create an account on the WEX Library so that you can enrol onto our courses. This is separate to your Student Portal.
Click the following link for further information on how to access the WEX Library: https://wexlibrary.tawk.help/article/not-receiving-password-reset-email
It is very important that you complete the email section of the forms carefully and accurately. If you enter your email address incorrectly, you will not be able to recieve emails from us. Feedback from students and parents suggest that using school emails is not advisable. This is because school email inboxes have robust firewalls and our emails can be deemed as spam. This means students can miss out on all the important information we send out.
When and how do I get my certificate ?
When you complete 6 sessions of the programme. You must register your attendance for each session by clicking the ‘Complete Lesson’ button at the end of each video lesson. Your progress bar must show 100% for each lesson so that we can issue your certificate.
Certificates are distributed within 4-6 weeks from our Admin team. Only after this time will students’ correspondence for certificates be addressed.
Do I need to reapply?
In short No. If you wish to continue with the programme you do not have to reapply. If you are a student who does not wish to continue with the programme you need to inform us via our admin form. They may ask you to complete a short “Opt Out” form so we can be sure you won’t receive emails from us regarding this programme.
Find out what our students had to say …
What do our teachers think about our WEX programmes?
These sessions were held live last year, and due to high demand we have recorded them and developed a comprehensive e-learning programme consisting of six sessions. Each session will be available for 30 days for viewing. This enables you to rewatch these broadcasts and to produce detailed notes at your own pace!
Any money raised by the Library will help to fund our work experience programmes and our live sessions will continue to be free forever! So, if you want to catch up or simply watch back any of the sessions at your convenience, you may find this option to be a valuable resource. Please make sure that you also sign up for the free live sessions using the application form below.
Alternatively, you can choose to access 42 hours of simulation experience all at once for £99. Click on the button below to access our Work Experience Library.