Lucy and Ciara’s Ultimate University Packing List
Moving to university is a daunting prospect. For most people it is the additional life admin and adult responsibilities which are the most stressful. In this blog post, we have curated a comprehensive packing list of the items you should pack when moving to university. This list should take one boring job off of your to-do list at least!
We have put a * next to items that are commonly forgotten!
DISCLAIMER: not all items may be applicable to you, we hold no judgement if you don’t use floss or haven’t got walking boots. The purpose of the list is to cover all possible bases so you don’t forget anything.
- Clothes – consider the location of your university and the activities you are likely to be doing. Will you be spending your weekend outdoors? Do you plan to go out partying a lot? Will you be on placement?
- Sports clothes
- Sunglasses* – perhaps N/A for Scotland
- Dressing gown
- Smart shoes for placement
- Casual shoes
- Flip flops (particularly if you have a shared bathroom!)
- Toothbrush +/- charger
- Floss/ TePe
- Hand soap*
- Shower gel
- Razor/hair removal method/shaving cream
- Make up + wipes
- Hair dryer/straighteners/curlers
- Hair clips and ties
- Laptop/ iPad/ tablet/ notebook
- Chargers for everything (including your phone!)
- Clear pencil case for exams
- Blue tack* (in some accommodation – this is forbidden)
- Holepunch and stapler
- Food clips
- Food containers and bags (IKEA are fab!)
- Saucepans x 2
- Frying pan
- Oven pan
- Cooking utensils (knife, potato masher, oven gloves)
- Walking boots
- Sporting equipment
- Bike + helmet + bike lock (a D-lock, not a flimsy one!) + bike lights
- Books (non-medical!)
- Fiction or non-fiction
- ‘Fairy lights’
- Pictures of family and friends
- Calendar for your wall
What do you think? Did we miss anything?
Make sure to check out the podcast episode associated with this blog post on the link below!