We TEACH Students HOW TO Become Good Doctors
by giving them access to a suite of resources and opportunities to reach their goals!
The Deadline for Applications was on Sunday 4th September 2022
What does the Scholarship offer?
The Medic Mentor Scholarship offers pastoral support and incredible opportunities for you to take advantage of at Medical School. All of our Scholars are automatically enrolled onto the Medical Leadership Programme, and online courses:
1. You will be given the opportunity to undertake educational projects that already exist, or that you can self-design.
2. You have access to an innovation fund to launch your business ideas.
3. There are a variety of opportunities to conduct medical education research as part of the research division.
4 You have access to challenging leadership opportunities such as co-ordinating national events.
4. You have continous PPD support from the central committee.
5. You have access to pastoral support through wellbeing schemes and resources like the ‘buddy-system’.
5. Finally, you will have access to personal mentoring support for your academic foundation programme applications, when you reach your final year.
Not only is all of this free, but by participating in these opportunities, you will be able to unlock scholarships worth up to £2000 per year.
As an applying Student
The easiest route onto the Scholarship Programme is as an applying secondary school student. You can complete your Gold Award for the Medical Awards Programme. Every student who completes their Gold award is invited for a scholarship interview. If you perform well at the interview, you will be offered a Medic Mentor Scholarship. There are roughly 70-100 scholarship places available for 2022 entry this year.
As a Medical Student
The competition is fierce compared with applying for a scholarship as a secondary school student.