What is the purpose of the School Ambassadors Council?
The 9 objectives of the council are:
1. to ensure that each school is given a voice and has fair representation alongside other schools on a national level,
2. to give Medic Mentees (students) an opportunity to change and influence new projects and initiatives for the benefit of others,
3. to give students a platform to innovate, lead and make a difference to others in the medical world,
4. to provide excellent networking contacts for Student Ambassadors to support projects that they themselves might be undertaking at school,
5. to provide students with encouragement, motivation, confidence and mentoring on their application journeys,
6. to instil values such as honesty, integrity, respect for colleagues and the importance of helping others,
7. to provide a professional context for their studies, which will ultimately make them more informed and knowledgeable students,
8. to assist students in developing their personal professional and transferrable skills,
9. to give Mentees a chance to work with enthusiastic like-minded people and create a network of friends and colleagues for the future.