Over 80% of last year's class received at least 1 medical school offer!
Why are Summer Schools important?
Summer Schools are fantastic for comprehensive UCAS application preparation and preparing students for university life! They are more successful than attending individual courses, because it ensures that you get comprehensive support resulting in university offers. For example, attending one UKCAT course might improve your score, but you may not get an offer because of the rest of your application. Last year over 80% of our medical summer school students had at least 1 offer, compared to the national average which is around 10%.
Medic Mentor’s 5-day Residential Summer School Programme at Nottingham University is a unique opportunity for students to spend an entire week with dedicated healthcare professionals and university students, mentoring them through their UCAS applications. It takes a huge amount of pressure off and makes the application a more enjoyable experience for both the students and the parents! The final hurdle (and a common pitfall) for students is to ensure that all of their hard work (having done work experience, extra-curricular activities and academic achievements) is effectively communicated in their UCAS applications!
Medic Mentor's summer school is completely unique, because:
1. it focuses entirely on the UCAS application itself
2. students receive 1-2-1 personal statement tutoring and leave with a final draft of their personal statements
3. students get unlimited PS reviews with their mentor after SS
4. entrance exam teaching (where applicable)
5. interview theory and mock interviews (and priority booking for MM's free mock interview events in Year 13)
6. 1-2-1 UCAS consultation to ensure that students select courses which are most likely to give them offers
7. follow-up mentoring throughout year 13 with their personal mentor
8. a personal reference from one of our Mentors for your reference tutor.
Who can attend?
The Medic Mentor Summer School is incredibly popular and fills up fast! So please register early to avoid disappointment. The Summer School is for year 12/S5 students who are applying in October 2018. It is also extremely useful for gap year or re-applying year 13 students, who need to work on their applications. New year 11 or S4 students should look to register for Summer School 2019 now, to ensure your place is secure and you can also spread the cost over a longer period of time.
Click on the Specialty that you are interested in below, to find out more:
Not recently active
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.